Last-minute Cheat Sheet for GCP Professional Cloud Architect Certification Exam
This is section two of How to Pass GCP Professional Cloud Architect Certification. In this blog, I will share my last-minute cheat sheet before I heading into the exam. You may generate your last-minute cheat sheet based on your study and your practices.
The following four decision trees will help you to choose the right services:
Storage and Database Decision Tree
The storage and database decision tree are among Storage, SQL, Spanner, Firestore, Bigtable, and BigQuery.
Compute Decision Tree
The compute decision tree among Firebase, Functions, GCE, GAE and GKE:
Load Balancer Decision Tree
The load balancer decision tree are among:
- Global versus regional load balancing: Global – HTTP(S), SSL Proxy, TCP Proxy; Regional – TCP/UDP, Internal HTTP(S)
- External versus internal load balancing: External – HTTP(S), Network TCP/UDP, SSL Proxy, TCP Proxy; Internal: Internal TCP/UDP, Internal HTTP(S)
- Traffic type: HTTP(S), TCP, UDP
Network Connecting Decision Tree
The network connecting decision tree are among Cloud VPN, Dedicated Interconnect, Partner Interconnect, Direct Peering and Carrier Peering
The comparison among persistent disks, SSD and Cloud Storage:
|Cloud Storage buckets|
|Storage type||Efficient and reliable block storage||Efficient and reliable block storage with synchronous replication across two zones in a region||Fast and reliable block storage||Fast and reliable block storage with synchronous replication across two zones in a region||High performance local block storage||Affordable object storage|
|Maximum capacity per disk||64 TB||64 TB||64 TB||64 TB||375 GB||n/a|
|Maximum capacity per instance||257 TB||257 TB||257 TB||257 TB||3 TB
(9 TB in beta)
|Scope of access||Zone||Zone||Zone||Zone||Instance||Global|
|Data redundancy||Zonal||Multi-zonal||Zonal||Multi-zonal||None||Regional, dual-regional or multi-regional|
|Encryption at rest||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Custom encryption keys||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Machine type support||All machine types||All machine types||Most machine types||Most machine types||Most machine types||All machine types|
Difference between transfer appliance (on-premise -> GCP) and transfer services (GCP bucket, AWS S3, http(s) location -> GCP)
On-premise to GCP Replacement: SAN->Persistent disk, NAS->Filestore, GCS(the cheapest solution) or Persistent disk.
Big Data Analytics
You can learn the details in GCP Data Lifecycle. But I think understand the following Cloud Storage Data Lake Architecture will be good enough for the exam.
GCP Developer’s Cheat Sheet
Please stay tuned for GCP certification quizlet…
- Hands-on with DynamoDB
- AWS Data Warehouse – Build with Redshift and QuickSight
- AWS Relational Database Solution: Hands-on with AWS RDS
- Which is Right Hadoop Solution for You?
- Apache Hadoop Ecosystem Cheat Sheet
- Data Storage for Big Data: Aurora, Redshift or Hadoop?
- AWS Kinesis Data Streams vs. Kinesis Data Firehose
- Streaming Platforms: Apache Kafka vs. AWS Kinesis
- AWS Machine Learning on AWS Redshift Data
- Why Use AWS Redshift Spectrum with Data Lake
- How to Design AWS DynamoDB Data Modeling
- When Should Use Amazon DynamoDB Accelerator (AWS DAX)?
- Web Application with Aurora Serverless Cluster
- Top IT Certifications for 2018
- How I Passed AWS CSAA in 3 Months
- How to Pass AWS Certified Big Data Specialty
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk or AWS Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (AWS EKS)
- How to Use AWS CodeStar to Manage Lambda Java Project from Source to Test Locally